Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hot copper warms me up!


Is it Russia? Is it Siberia? Oh, no! That's Alexandria, VA, on February 6. In D.C. metro area a snowstorm totals around 1.5 to 2 feet are common, with some places up to and past 30" or 36". Unbelievable! And I'm glad, that these severe days I'm warmed up with the stuff I received from from Artbeads.com.


For sure, Valentine’s Day beads and components can make happy any beadworker because of coming holiday, but copper elements did warm me up this weekend when I worked!

Don't wonder please, as a focal of my first copper necklace I used Copper Heart Toggle Clasp; and I added a mix of copper beads, bright and dark copper color seed beads, copper coins from oriental countries, jasper donuts and leopard skin jasper rounds, some other elements, and I'm done! Hot Copper Mix Necklace is ready.


Close-up of Hot Copper Mix Necklace.


The focal of my second necklace is a regular Copper Heart Shaped Leaf Pendant; Delica beads and teardrop beads with AB coating were a nice addition, they helped me create Copper Heart Leaf Necklace.


Close-up of Copper Heart Leaf Necklace.

Disclosure. Being a reviewer of Artbeads.com products and a participant of its blogging program I received all Copper Heart components free of charge. This post reflects my honest opinion; and Artbeads.com is not compensating me for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

10 comments:

Asia said...

He, he.. I remember those days, when I lived in Alaska...
Maybe that's why I moved to Australia :)
Stay warm!

Tündrüs (Jákóiné Klárik Tünde) said...

Hi, you're back after a long break. Great job, again!!!!

Angela Smith said...

Oh wow! all that snow and what a contrast the copper makes, The hearts are stunning!

Mary T Designs said...

That necklace will be guaranteed to melt the snow away. Hot!!!!!!!

Lavanya said...

Hey these are superb! I am a new visitor to your site, and found your writing as well as the pics of your creation really wonderful. Hope to see more of them soon!

Belinda Saville said...

That is a lot of snow! But what better excuse do you need to stay indoors and bead ;-) Lovely work Zoya, copper is my favourite metal! Belinda

The Lone Beader® said...

Beautiful necklace, Zoya!

Leah Ashley said...

Very nice use of copper! The warm color of the metal does feel nice during winter!

Engagement Rings said...

WOW.........heart is stunning

allan Gering said...

Wow!!! they are really wonderful. I like copper jewelry.They are very nice design.


Glass Of Venice