Sunday, July 19, 2009

Incorporating Art


Once I've already written, that I added Artbeads.com to my list of on-line stores where I buy jewelry supplies. Surfing that website for some interesting things in June, I noticed the word "Russian". Hmmm... I wondered, what about Russia and Russians was there? I opened a page - OMG! Try to imagine: I found pendants replicated portions of famous paintings from artists such as Chagall, Mucha, Klimt, Botticelli, Matisse and Picasso, handpainted by Russian artisans! These Russian pendants feature just a small piece of the whole paintings, but in doing so, the essence of the artistry is captured!


For sure, my customers and I would love to wear a true piece of art with one of these gorgeous masterpieces, and I grabbed one pendant featuring The Dream by Picasso, first of all because I'm a fan of Picasso's talent. It doesn't mean I don't like the artworks of Chagall or Klimt, but The Dream reminds me of the traditional Russian folk art - Palekh lacquer miniatures.

The backing of the pendant is a piece of black onyx, and the pendant is drilled from top to bottom. It's great for a wide range of stringing opportunities but not for beadweaving. If we had those pendants drilled on top from side to side, it would add much more opportunities for beadworkers. Anyway, I found how I can incorporate a piece of art into my jewelry piece! I haven't finished my beadwork yet, it's in process, we'll see the result in a couple of days...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

BeadsForever said...

This is really really beautiful. I love the way the artwork is used in your necklace. WOW! Keep them coming!

AuntieAnnie said...

This is beautiful.

Enchanted Beads said...

So beautiful and classy!
Ileana

Zoya Gutina said...

Thank you! Today I finished my necklace! :)

samdisha said...

Nice jewelry on your blog. Keep it up..
I have also visited a site of unique karwa chauth gifts.

http://karwachauth.indiangiftsportal.com/

Breitling Replica Watches said...

Wow what a beautiful Necklace. I really like it. Its a classic. I love to purchase that masterpiece.