Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Process pics. Poppy Field

The story of the Poppy Field necklace began a few months ago. I wanted to create something springy/summery and bright, even hot. I had a dream to design a collection with beaded flowers, I love poppies and decided to start with beaded poppies. I didn't have the exact plan of my design, I was just thinking on my future creature, and started making poppy petals and putting them together. At that time I didn't have any idea how many of them I would need.


Then I created a lot of green leaves of different shades.


First of all, I decided to check out my color combinations and some design decisions on a bracelet. I woven a base from bugle beads using peyote stitch, and embroidered it with a poppy flower, leaves, small light green teardrop beads, and accent beads.


Next day the bracelet was sold out and a friend of mine asked me to create for her matching earrings and a small necklace with "poppy field" centerpiece, that I created keeping in my mind the bracelet design, just adding fringes made using coral technique.


I had almost all elements of my future necklace ready to put together, but I decided to add poppy buds, and I made them wrapping some of the petals. Here is the full slide show of creating my necklace:

Poppy Field

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

14 comments:

Kerrie Slade said...

I love seeing 'work in progress' Zoya and your slide-show is fascinating!

I can see your long awaited blog is going to be very interesting!

Kerrie x

Candice said...

Zoya,
I always knew that there was a lot of work involved in beading but WOW!! AMAZING!!

Thank you for showing the process I have a new appreciation for beading.

Zoya Gutina said...

Thank you, ladies! I've got some more projects pictured in process, so my slide-show will go on! :)

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

What a wonderful presentation and description of your work in process. I am always amazed at the intricacy. depth, dimension and delicacy of your incredible creations.

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

What a wonderful presentation and description of your work in process. I am always amazed at the intricacy. depth, dimension and delicacy of your incredible creations.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

marvelous! what fun to see how you go about creating your masterpieces.

Anonymous said...

Great ! All is beautiful, and I specially love this one, because I enjoy May month for this Poppy flowers in fields or alongside the roads.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Amazing! That's good beading!

Zoya Gutina said...

Everybody loves Poppy, me too! Thank you, my friends!

Frany said...

simply splendid and eclatant of beaute

Anonymous said...

Hello !
I'm very happy to have the picture on my guest book of your beautiful necklace ! thank you very much ! Merci beaucoup pour votre gentillesse et à bientôt !

Zoya Gutina said...

Thank you, ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,your necklace with red flowers is very very nice,I love your beadwork,see you later

Jewelers Louisiana said...

Beautiful color combination and design on a bracelet. Nicely beaded are used to make a bracelet or a pendant. Nice coral technique is used.